Counterpart lease of 19 and 20 Lambs Conduit Passage, 20 January 1685/6
Counterpart lease of [19 and 20] Lambs Conduit Passage, (20 January 1685/6).
- (1) Sir Richard Fisher of St James Clerkenwell, bart.
- (2) Sir Thomas Halton of Watlingstreete, London, bart.
- (3) Richard Halton of St John St, Middx, gent.
- (4) George Bradbury of Middle Temple, London, esq.
- (5) Nicholas Barbon of London, Dr in Physick
- (6) Marmaduke Tounson of St Gyles in the Fields, Middx, carver
In consideration of costs of Tounson in building and finishing 2 new brick messuages on ground to be let, yearly rents and covenants, and 5 shillings, (1)-(5), (at request of Sir R Fisher and N Barbon as per articles of 20 May 1685 establishing Sir T Halton, R Halton and G Bradbury as trustees), lease to Tounson (6) parcel of ground in Redd Lyon Feilds nr. Holbourne in parish of St Andrew's Holbourne, Middx, on the north side of Conduit passage, next north east end of Fishers Walks, abutting west on first house which fronts said Walks. Plot dimensions given. Outline plan of premises, with dimensions, attached.
Term: 60 years
Rent: peppercorn in first year; subsequently £7 5s. pa.
Covenants: (6) within first year to complete intended messuages 3 storeys high besides cellars and garrets, and subsequently maintain same and also pavements, drainage and glazing. (1)-(5) covenant to provide peaceful possession, in particular against Sir Thomas Fisher [sr] and Sir Thomas Fisher [jr] father and brother of Sir R Fisher.